Department of Defense Directive 8570.1-M
What is Directive 8570?
In August of 2004 the US Department of Defense (DoD) signed Directive 8570, which requires every part-time or full-time military member or defense contractor with privileged access to a DoD information system to carry an approved certification for their particular job classification.
This measure ensures that those performing information assurance (security) measures have the necessary skills and knowledge to protect important information.
New hires must obtain appropriate baseline certifications within six months of being assigned to information assurance functions.
Directive 8570 Compliance Training at New Horizons Learning Group
New Horizons Learning Group can help you achieve Directive 8570 DOD training requirements. We provide a complete and thorough training solution to help prepare you to pass Directive 8570 DOD certification requirement exams.
Our Directive 8570 solutions include:
- Baseline certification training for those who perform Information Assurance functions
- Continuous education to maintain certifications and further develop skills
- Certification training for specific operating systems
To see the table that shows the required baseline certifications click here.
Lowest Price Technically Acceptable on 8570 Exams
When looking for the lowest price technically acceptable for meeting DoD 8570 certification requirements, you need to ensure that your team will pass their exams. If not, you could end up paying more for re-takes and extra training to stay compliant. Don’t risk it. Get a free 2nd shot exam with NHDoD Test Pass Assurance (TPA).
Test Pass Assurance is in the event a candidate fails his/her first attempt on the corresponding certification exam, that candidate can earn a Free 2nd Shot exam. TPA is valid on certification courses delivered by NHDoD bootcamp training instructors. Click here to see the requirements of Test Pass Assurance.
Training bootcamps offer students the ability to take the class as a unit with their peers in a concentrated time frame. Students are also given New Horizons Test Pass Assurance. Bootcamps meet DoD 8570 or SECNAV M-5239 requirements on the following certification exams:
- Cisco Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA), Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC)
- CompTIA Security+, Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+), Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), Penetration Testing (PenTest+)
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO), Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI), Certified Network Defender (CND)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- (ISC)² Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator (MD-100, MD-101), Azure DevOps Engineer (AZ-400), Office 365 (10997 Office 365 Administration), SQL Server Database Development (70-761, 70-762), Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742)
To find out more about Test Pass Assurance and what is included in a training bootcamp read this blog: What are NHDoD Training Bootcamps
The demand for cybersecurity certifications in the government sector is not just recommended, in many situations it’s required. DOD cybersecurity training boosts your ability to outperform hackers relies not only on your experience but continued knowledge of the latest technologies. That is why the government relies on the high standards set by many certifying agencies including CompTIA, Cisco, and EC-Council among others.
As an IT professional, DOD cybersecurity certifications earned while enlisted also provide you the tools you need to advance your IT career path when entering the civilian workforce. There is an imbalance between supply and demand in the cyber market. Holding certain certifications will give you significant advantages over other candidates when being considered for open positions.
New Horizons Government Training Solutions offers training in the following cybersecurity areas:
- EC-Council: Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH)
- CompTIA: Security+ & CySA+
- Information Systems Auditor: CISA
- Information Systems Security: CISSP
Unsure which cybersecurity certification is right for you? START HERE
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUS)
Continuing your education is just as important as earning your certification. Many certifications actually require you to earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs). CEUs are used to show a working knowledge on a subject. The topics can vary from field to field, but the knowledge earned is always current and relevant. Earning CEUs will not only keep your certification current but feed you valuable information in this rapidly changing technology climate.
- View list of Pre-Approved Training for CompTIA CEUs & Certification Renewal
- Our wide range of Free Webinars also offer a way to continue learning.
Lunch and Learns are also available to be hosted at our local center or your location. Our technical experts can deliver presentations on a wide range of topics. Contact your local NHDoD liaison to schedule a lunch and learn in your area.
To earn 1 Free CompTIA or EC-Council CEU click here to sign up for the Digital Forensics webinar.
GOVERNMENT BUDGET SOLUTIONS
The government sector always gets more done with less. Your job is to get as much training as you can for your government dollar. NHDoD works with many Department of Defense agencies and contractors and knows how to help you get the most out of your budget. One way we do this is through software provided funding.
Microsoft, Cisco & Red Hat all provide credits to you the user of their software to train your professionals on the software purchased. To find out more about this budget solution, click the link to the respective software below:
- Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATVs)
- Cisco Learning Credits (CLC)
- Red Hat Training Units
Another way we help you lock in the most training for your dollar is through the government procurement process of learning credits via GSA. Watch as one of our NHDoD Government Representatives below explains how Learning Credits work.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT OF LEARNING CREDITS VIA GSA
TRANSITIONING MILITARY / NON-ACTIVE VETERANS
New Horizons Learning Group has been approved to provide training to those who qualify for Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits. If you are looking to upgrade your skills or begin a career in Information Technology, then consider using your benefits at New Horizons Learning Group.
DO I QUALIFY?
If you have at least 90 days of aggregate active duty service after September 10, 2001 and:
- Are still on active duty
- Are an honorably discharged Veteran
- Have a service-connected disability
Then you may be eligible to take advantage of Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
WHAT BENEFITS AM I ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE?
The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides education benefits that cover a percentage of tuition and fees, depending on how long you have served in the military. Tuition and fees are paid directly to New Horizons Learning Group.
To find out more, read this blog article: Using Your Veteran Post 9/11 GI Bill® Benefits. In this blog you will find the necessary resources for you to be able to understand if you qualify for Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits and what those benefits are that you are eligible to receive. You will also find the instructions and links you need to know to successfully apply for your benefits and additional resources and fact sheets all about Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits.
Upcoming Military Courses
New Horizons Government Solutions is a:
- Microsoft Certified Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
- Cisco Authorized Learning Partner
- VMware Authorized Training Partner
- CompTIA Platinum Partner
- EC-Council Accredited Training
- Red Hat Training Partner
- PearsonVue Exam Center
View all of our Awards and Honors
No Cost Study Sessions
NHDOD offers monthly no-cost study sessions as a supplemental resource to training and other exam preparation.
Members can join live and contribute with questions about exams, exam prep, registering or sitting for exams. This is a value provided by NHDoD as part of the Test Pass Assurance (TPA) offering.
Prior Study Session Topics:
EXAMS AND TESTING
Test Pass Assurance is also offered to students when purchased as part of a Training Bootcamp. To find out more about Test Pass Assurance and Training Bootcamps read this blog: What are NHDoD Training Bootcamps