Project Management Fundamentals
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan for time and cost.
- Plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- Manage a project.
- Execute the project closeout phase.
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some working knowledge of your computers operating system.
Starts Ends Time Sessions Price Enroll 01/18/2024 01/19/2024 9:00 am - 1:00 pm PT 2 $595.00 02/15/2024 02/16/2024 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm PT 2 $595.00 03/18/2024 03/19/2024 9:00 am - 1:00 pm PT 2 $595.00 04/15/2024 04/16/2024 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm PT 2 $595.00
Getting Started with Project Management
- Describe a Project
- Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
Initiating a Project
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
Planning for Time and Cost
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
Managing a Project
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
Executing the Project Closeout Phase
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report